Afour Technical Communication can also produce SCORM compliant rapid e-learning courseware for your software application training which is ready for implementation into a Learner Management (LMS) solution.
NOTE: The above recommendation is just that, so you may want to implement an alternative open-source or commercial LMS solution.
What is an LMS solution?
- Student self-service (e.g. self-registration on instructor-led training)
- Training workflow (e.g. user notification, manager approval, wait-list management)
- The provision of on-line learning (e.g. Computer-Based Training, read, understand & apply)
- On-line assessment, management of continuous professional education (CPE)
- Collaborative learning (e.g. application sharing, discussion threads)
- Training resource management (e.g. instructors, facilities, equipment) are dimensions to Learning Management Systems
The characteristics of an LMS include:
- Manage users, roles, courses, instructors, and facilities and generate reports
- Course calendar
- Learning Path
- Student messaging and notifications
- Assessment/testing capable of handling student pre- and post-testing
- Display scores and transcripts
- Grading of coursework and roster processing, including wait listing
- Web-based or blended course delivery