Afour Technical Communication as a professional service was born in 2004. I currently contract my services out as an independent, freelance Technical Writer and Knowledge Architect within a registered company – Afour Intelligent Solutions CC. I provide these services to corporate clients mainly, but not exclusively, in the IT Software Development environment.
I have 16+ years’ professional Technical Writing experience and 32+ years as an IT Professional covering faculties such as Digital telecommunications, Telecomms and Computer hardware maintenance, Software engineering, and IT Executive Management. Consequently, I possess excellent broad-based knowledge of information technology and software from the developer and end-user perspective to a Senior Executive perspective.
I’ve provided these services over the past 16+ years to produce some 70+ software user documentation projects in the IT, ITIL, Justice, Banking, SAP & ERP, Customs & Excise, Data Security, Share Trading Analysis, Wagering, Tourism, Medical, Property, Retail and Distribution, Video Collaboration and Streaming, SCADA, and Data Integration industries. These projects have given me insight and knowledge within these industries.
I continually enhance my skills in Technical Writing methods, Software Analysis, Instructional Design, and Video Tutorial development
So!, here’s what I can do for you!
- I specialise in Software User Documentation, UX Analysis, Instructional, and Video Tutorial Design
- Put back support into any of your software applications
- Accelerate and enhance your user’s knowledge and effectiveness by embedding user assistance into the user interface. No more distracting PDFs and online Help
- Create visual and learning tutorial assets to support your user documentation
- Increase your users’ self-help support for your bespoke software
- Increase the brand value of your bespoke software
Using my self-developed multi-channel framework I can create documentation assets across user assistance, software learning, and knowledgeware.