Afour Technical Communication as a professional service was born in 2004. I currently contract my services out as an independent, freelance Technical Writer and Knowledge Architect within a registered company – Afour Intelligent Solutions CC. I provide these services to corporate clients mainly, but not exclusively, in the IT Software Development environment.
I have 14+ years’ professional Technical Writing experience and 30+ years as an IT Professional covering faculties such as Digital telecommunications, Telecomms and Computer hardware maintenance, Software engineering and IT Executive Management. Consequently, I possess an excellent broad-based knowledge of information technology and software from the developer and end-user perspective to a Senior Executive perspective.
I’ve provided these services over the past 14+ years to produce some 60+ software user documentation projects in the IT, ITIL, Justice, Banking, SAP & ERP, Customs & Excise, Data Security, Share Trading Analysis, Wagering, Tourism, Medical, Property, Retail and Distribution, Video Collaboration and Streaming industries. These projects have given me insight and knowledge within these industries.
I continually enhance my skills in Technical Writing methods, Software Analysis, Instructional Design, and Video Tutorial development
So!, here’s what I can do for you!
- I specialise in Software User Documentation, UX Analysis, Instructional, and Video Tutorial Design
- Put back support into any of your software applications
- Accelerate and enhance your user’s knowledge and effectiveness by embedding user assistance into the user interface. No more distracting PDFs and online Help
- Create visual and learning assets to support your user documentation
- Increase self-help support for your bespoke software
- Increase the brand value of your bespoke software
Using my self-developed multi-channel framework I can create documentation assets across user assistance, software eLearning, and knowledgeware.